Should I Start a Blog? 9 Questions to Help You Decide
Are you considering whether or not you should start a blog? Regardless of the business you are in, or the hobbies you enjoy, there are several points to consider before taking on the commitment of writing a blog. Here are 9 questions to help you decide whether a blog is the right project for you:
1. Do you feel you have worthwhlie information to share with the world? Y N
2. Do you enjoy the writing process? Y N
3. Are you a good writer? Y N
4. Do you consider yourself to be a natural networker? Y N
5. Do you handle criticism and differing opinions with ease? Y N
6. Are you willing to set aside time in your schedule to research and write your blog articles? Y N
7. Are you able to invest in a possible monthly fee to publish your blog? Y N
8. Do you have a digital camera to take photos and/or videos? Y N
9. Do you have the skills needed to edit and upload photos and videos to a computer? Y N
If you answered Yes to questions 1 through 6, you are probably ready to start a blog. Questions 7 through 9 have more to do with resources and training. If you answered No to these, it means you may not yet have the skills and equipment needed for creating a robust blog. But don't let that hold you back - these are obstacles that can be overcome.
Starting a blog takes time, patience, skills and, sometimes, money. This is an activity that many start but few continue. In order to build an audience, you will need to write well, write consistently, and write on topics of interest to others. You must be prepared to adapt to changing technologies and also be ready to educate yourself on advancements in your blog topic.
Are you ready to start a blog?
Putting Today's Technology Tools to Work for You
Text and photos copyright Kathryn J. Acciari unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
Kathryn Acciari, Brand Ambassador
Century 21 Real Estate LLC
175 Park Avenue
Madison NJ 07940
Serving Brokers, Owners, and Agents Throughout New England
Cell: (508) 982-0686
Blog: Real Estate Blog