Pop-Bys and Mailings for August - The "No Holiday" Month
Did you ever realize that August is one of the only months that has no major holiday or event? Think about it - quickly go through each month, and you will find that a holiday for that month pops into your head except for the month of August (and maybe June, but that has the last day of school).
So for the month of August, I researched some of the lesser-known holidays and created my list based on a few of my favorites. Here they are:
1. August 1st is National Mustard Day. Pick up a case of Grey Poupon at your local warehouse store and drop the mustard off at your clients so they can dress up their sandwiches. Tag: Excuse Me...Do You Need Any Grey Poupon?
2. August 10th is S'Mores Day. Take a bag of marshmallows to those clients who enjoy camping. Tag: Keep Me in Mind for Helping S'More of Your Friends.
3. August 15th is Julia Child's Birthday. Deliver a whisk to your cooking clients' kitchen doors. Tag: Thought I'd Stop by and See What's Cooking.
4. August 24th is National Peach Pie Day. And the peaches are ready for picking. Take peaches or pies to your clients. Tag: Working with You was Just Peachy!
5. August 31st is National Trail Mix Day. Hand out jars of your own blend of trail mix. Tag: I'm Just Nuts for Helping Your Friends and Family Members.
Client Appreciation Events
1. August is Foot Health Month, and August 6th is Wiggle Your Toes Day. Host a pedicure event for the clients you most like to spend time with, and whom you feel will enjoy each others' company. Give each participant a bottle of nail polish to take home. What a treat!
2. If you have access to a barbecue pit, host a S'Mores evening under the stars. Hold a contest for the most-perfectly-browned marshmallow. The winner gets his or her own stainless steel marshmallow roasting stick.
1. August 13th is International Left-Hander's Day. Let your southpaw clients know that you recognize the good company they keep by sharing part of this list of famous lefties with them. (Did you know that four of our nation's five most recent Presidents have been left-handed?) Tag: Hope to See You on this List.
2. August 28th is Dream Day. This is the day that Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial. Send a copy of the speech to your clients and encourage them to revisit their dreams.
Have a wonderful month!
- Kathryn Acciari, REALTOR
RE/MAX Professional Associates
49 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566
(508) 982-0686 cell
By the way, if you know of anyone moving to Central Massachusetts, it would be my pleasure to help them find the perfect home!
Putting Today's Technology Tools to Work for You
Text and photos copyright Kathryn J. Acciari unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
Kathryn Acciari, Brand Ambassador
Century 21 Real Estate LLC
175 Park Avenue
Madison NJ 07940
Serving Brokers, Owners, and Agents Throughout New England
Cell: (508) 982-0686
Blog: Real Estate Blog