Thankful for...Thanksgiving, of Course!
The big day has arrived. The grocery stores have been fleeced, the pies are cooling, the wine has been uncorked, and the turkeys can come out of hiding.
In talking with numerous adults these past weeks, it is clear that Thanksgiving ranks as perhaps the most favorite of holidays.
The reasons most cited:
- It is a national holiday, one that brings us together. There are no boundaries - every citizen can participate.
- If there is gift giving, it is spontaneous; there is no pressure to find the perfect gift for a recipient.
- It focuses on a grand meal shared with family, friends, and sometimes strangers.
- It reminds us to give to those in need.
- Most importantly, Thanksgiving affords us a moment to give pause and contemplate all that is wonderful in life.
It's not that people aren't counting blessings all year long. It's just that we rarely do this as such a large community. I love the fact that today, Americans from coast-to-coast will be nodding their heads together and giving thanks for all that is good in their lives.
Wishing you abundance -
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Putting Today's Technology Tools to Work for You
Text and photos copyright Kathryn J. Acciari unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
Kathryn Acciari, REALTOR(R)
Serving Central Massachusetts
with Offices in Sturbridge, Charlton, Spencer, Auburn, and Shrewsbury
RE/MAX Professional Associates
49 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566
Cell: (508) 982-0686 Email: email@example.com