You're So Nice. Can You Really Sell Our Home?
You're So Nice. Can You Really Sell Our Home? This was a question asked of me by a potential seller client this week, and I have to admit it is the first time this particular question has come up! The potential client knows me in various other roles in life and has not yet had the pleasure of seeing the real estate agent within.
The question got me thinking, though. Am I too nice to be able to sell homes? Does a real estate agent have to be not-nice in order to succeed? Do home owners prefer agents who are not nice?
My response to the seller was that I was one of the Top 10 agents in the top selling office in our area in 2010. I am a repeat sales award recipient of RE/MAX. Of course I can sell a home!
Now that I've had some time to mull this question over, though, I have a more in-depth response to what being nice amounts to in real estate:
1. Being nice means I am professional. I treat people and their property with respect and care, just as I would like to be treated.
2. Being nice means people are comfortable with me. When buyers comes to my open house, they linger because I make the visit an enjoyable experience. This is otherwise known as a buying environment.
3. Being nice means I care. Yes, I want to sell houses. More importantly, however, in this difficult market I want buyers and sellers to suffer as little pain as necessary throughout the process. I'll make sure the bases are covered for you.
4. Being nice means I was raised right. I was taught early on that we all need each other. In real estate, being nice means I'm focusing on the people, not the bucks.
5. Being nice does not mean I'm not smart. Quite the contrary. I have a clear vision of what it takes to get a home sold. I keep myself educated, and I incorporate the top industry practices for marketing and selling property. (Although, if I give you my best advice and you don't take it, then no, your house will not sell. And that's all on you, baby.) Because I do my homework, I can afford to be nice.
6. Being nice does not mean I'm not a fighter. I was raised with four brothers; you can bet your bottom dollar that I can get scrappy when necessary. Moreover, I shine when it comes to endurance. Trust me, I will go long and hard for you when the gloves come off.
I believe that being my nice self translates to numerous advantages for any home buyer or seller. Yes, I am so nice. And yes, I can really sell your home.
Yours in real estate,
Kathryn Acciari, REALTOR
The Nice Agent
Sturbridge Massachusetts and Central Massachusetts Real Estate
Putting Today's Technology Tools to Work for You
Text and photos copyright Kathryn J. Acciari unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
Kathryn Acciari, RSPS, SRS, RESE, CFA
Century 21 MetroWest
45 Lyman Street Suite 14
Westborough MA 01581
Serving the Route 9/20 Corridors of Central Massachusetts
Sturbridge to Westborough
Cell: (508) 982-0686