Pop-Bys and Mailings for October - A Harvest of Ideas
With Halloween and harvest season upon us, who can resist these festive ideas?
1. Halloween goodies, of course. Make up small gifts of snack-size chocolates. You can find small witches brew cauldrons at many stores. Fill them up with chocolates and deliver them with a note that you are always brewing up something new in real estate.
2. Glow sticks for the kids. This is one of the easiest pop-bys ever. Grab an armful of containers of glow sticks at your local discount store, and deliver them to your clients who have kids who are trick-or-treat age. They'll appreciate the thought.
3. Bring some fall color. A pot of fall flowers, a bunch of multicolor corn, or a perfect pumpkin will add color to your clients' doorstep. Here in Massachusetts, we are starting to see a lot of white pumpkins too. They can look striking when added to a seasonal display.
This month, invite your sphere to carve their own virtual pumpkin. Here are two sites that make it easy to carve-your-own:
Client Appreciation Events
1. Trick-or-Treat. If you live in a neighborhood that is conducive to trick-or-treating, why not host a Trick-or-Treat party? Invite your clients to bring their kids for pizza and bug juice, then send them on their way to knock on neighbors' doorbells. Set a definite time, say 5 - 7 pm. If it's a nice evening, you can even serve the pizza outside.
2. Orchard Event. I've seen this in several articles lately, and I like this idea so much I want to include it here. Team up with a local orchard to offer pumpkins, guords, and other harvest goodies at a discount for your clients. Or, simply offer free items at a designated time. Set up a table at a designated time, and invite your clients to take advantage of your special offering. Many orchards in our area have festivals throughout the fall, so another idea would simply be to set up a table at the festival and host a pumpkin give-away.
3. Beer Tasting/Oktoberfest. Is there a micro-brew in your town? If so, ask if you can team up with them to offer one of their brews with your name on it. Invite your clients to come to the microbrewery for a beer tasting. Serve up sausage, pretzels, and assorted mustards, and you have yourself a fine Oktoberfest.
Make it a bountiful month!
Putting Today's Technology Tools to Work for You
Text and photos copyright Kathryn J. Acciari unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
Kathryn Acciari, Brand Ambassador
Century 21 Real Estate LLC
175 Park Avenue
Madison NJ 07940
Serving Brokers, Owners, and Agents Throughout New England
Cell: (508) 982-0686
Blog: Real Estate Blog